Sunday, October 2, 2016

Letter from an Empath!

While I love to help others, I'm not responsible for fixing your life or catering to your toxicity. I'm not responsible for managing your triggers, walking on eggshells or telling you what you want to hear in order to keep the peace. I am not your emotional punching bag, nor am I your emotional sponge. I do not exist for your pleasure or as a site for your projected pain. My responsibility is to myself - to be my own person and stay true to myself; to heal my own wounds, manage my own triggers, and engage in self-care so that I can give to others authentically without depleting myself in the process. My responsibility is to maintain healthy boundaries, especially with those who are unhealthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What if I fall? Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?

" Tell me about forty five minutes before you both have to start for the station, I'll get the dinner" , said my co...